Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: About Stolen Device Protection for iPhone

I forgot my password

My phone isn’t taking my Face ID BECAUSE I HAVE ON MAKE UP

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 7:59 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2024 8:00 PM in response to Handsanitize

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled or unavailable -

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode without a computer if you have iOS 15.2 or higher.

If you see a iPhone, iPad, or Apple Vision Pro unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Click on the link for instructions on how to reset your passcode using a computer.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode, use your Mac or PC to reset it - Apple Support

Apr 27, 2024 8:03 PM in response to Handsanitize

Face ID requires a passcode entry every few days.

If you no longer remember your passcode, you can reset your iPhone.

With PC or Mac: If you forgot your iPhone passcode, use your Mac or PC to reset it - Apple Support

Without: If you see a iPhone, iPad, or Apple Vision Pro unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Face ID supports adding an alternate appearance, as well: Set up Face ID on iPhone - Apple Support

I forgot my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.