Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Black lines on MacBook screen

Hello everyone, I have a 13-inch MacBook Air that I purchased two months ago. Recently, I noticed a small black line on it while it was sitting on my desk. At first, it disappeared, but after about an hour, it started showing again and gradually got bigger. I took some pictures before and after this happened. My question is, I have AppleCare+, and I'm wondering if Apple will replace the MacBook for me since there was no damage or crack that could have caused this issue.

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 2:54 AM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2024 3:09 AM in response to KasraMH

As long as the fault wasn't yours (e.g., you didn't drop the Mac!), Apple should repair or replace it. Since it's only two months old, they likely will replace it. With AppleCare+, you can receive the replacement before you return the Mac (although you may need to purchase it yourself and then be refunded by Apple upon receipt of your original device)

May 14, 2024 9:44 AM in response to KasraMH

My MacBook Air M1 A2337 experienced a screen crack within less than six months of gentle use.

Apple's proposed solution was to charge $500 for repairs, justifying that it was as a fair diagnostic. This is unjustifiable considering the whooping price of $1100 that I paid for a product expected to be durable.

It's concerning that a high-end MacBook would exhibit such a significant issue in such a short timeframe, suggesting a potential design flaw.

Apple needs to acknowledge this issue, recall all defective products, and provide free repairs for their faulty devices!

Until then, I strongly advise against purchasing Apple MacBook.

Black lines on MacBook screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.