Horizontal lines and black screen

Hi, today I open my MacBook and I found a horizontal line, after 1h the screen turn black and didn’t work again, anyone have any clue of why? And how can I fix it? I don’t have AppleCare and I can’t pay in Apple to fix it because it use to be so expensive

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 12:13 AM

Hi,

I suppose your MacBook Pro has flex cable which connects between LCD panel and circuit board or graphics related drive circuit trouble, though try to start up in recovery mode if it works.

You need to contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2023 12:13 AM in response to Requiem09

Hi,

I suppose your MacBook Pro has flex cable which connects between LCD panel and circuit board or graphics related drive circuit trouble, though try to start up in recovery mode if it works.

You need to contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Horizontal lines and black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.