Is this an apple id scam?

I got 2 texts

the first:

Your Apple ID Code is: 782592. Don't share it with anyone. (from 81961)

the second from a different number: Hi can you tell me if you happen to get a code from Verizon. I had to get a new phone and trying to set up

is this a scam or not. i would usually say this is for sure a scam but i’ve actually was in contact with someone who had my phone number before. I get birthday texts every year for this person and last year I got verification codes too i have also accidentally logged into her account on tiktok when signing up with my phone number. The problem is I didn’t save her number so i can’t be for sure it isn’t a scam.

(try not to mind the grammar)

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 3:05 PM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2024 3:25 PM in response to user5676

Yes, this is a scam. The person knows your Apple ID and password and if you give them the verification code, they will get access to your Apple ID and lock you out. Do not respond to the text.

You need to change your Apple ID password through Apple’s secure website immediately. See If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Also look at blocking her number Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Is this an apple id scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.