Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

May have clicked and obtained Pegasus spyware. Is this possible with Apple products?

Received an email on iCloud email, which I never use, stating that I had been hacked and requesting a ransom.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 1, 2024 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2024 7:10 PM

KBhill_39 wrote:

Received an email on iCloud email, which I never use, stating that I had been hacked and requesting a ransom.

I get dozens of those. Some claiming they have activated my camera and acquired scandalous images (🙄), some with old (breached) passwords, others arriving more recently with purported details of a carrier breach (seeking login credentials for that carrier).

Advertisements, scams, fake “you have (3) viruses!” and phishing are all endemic. Mail, texts, calls, everywhere.

Some few of many: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2024 7:10 PM in response to KBhill_39

KBhill_39 wrote:

I get dozens of those. Some claiming they have activated my camera and acquired scandalous images (🙄), some with old (breached) passwords, others arriving more recently with purported details of a carrier breach (seeking login credentials for that carrier).

Advertisements, scams, fake “you have (3) viruses!” and phishing are all endemic. Mail, texts, calls, everywhere.

Some few of many: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

May have clicked and obtained Pegasus spyware. Is this possible with Apple products?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.