How to recover deleted photos from iCloud and iPhone

i deleted my photos from my second iPhone which has been signed in with the same iCloud for a year now ,all the photos i was taking from my new phone was updating to old iPhone but after deleting all the those that were been updating to the old iPhone both from gallery and deleted photos when checked on my other new iPhone all the photos that I was taking from my new iPhone where gone

how can i retrieve my photos because i can’t see them anywhere from the old and new iPhone not even on iCloud i need some help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 1, 2024 5:18 PM

6 replies

May 21, 2024 10:53 PM in response to edrin24

Think of it like this, it's like a mirror image and anything you do on your device syncs in real time... so if you delete something, that syncs to iCloud then to your other devices. So if you are signed into photos on one device and delete photos, that syncs to iCloud and then it deletes it from all your devices.

If you want to delete photos from just one device, always turn off photos under iCloud first before attempting to do that or you will delete them from iCloud and all your other devices.

May 21, 2024 10:24 PM in response to edrin24

edrin24 Said:

"How to recover deleted photos from iCloud and iPhone: [...]how can i retrieve my photos because i can’t see them anywhere from the old and new iPhone not even on iCloud i need some help "

-------

Transferring to a New iPhone:

Quick Start you should have used, prior to transferring to the new iPhone: Use Quick Start to Transfer Data to a New iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. So, if these are on your old iPhone, then try using this.

May 22, 2024 7:16 AM in response to Libby101a

Libby101a wrote:

Think of it like this, it's like a mirror image and anything you do on your device syncs in real time... so if you delete something, that syncs to iCloud then to your other devices. So if you are signed into photos on one device and delete photos, that syncs to iCloud and then it deletes it from all your devices.

If you want to delete photos from just one device, always turn off photos under iCloud first before attempting to do that or you will delete them from iCloud and all your other devices.

That won’t address previously-deleted photos, unfortunately.

The reply from edrin24 that restarted this thread is in reference to an iOS 17.5 bug where a latent Photos database corruption in some folks’ libraries caused some specific previously-deleted photos to be resurrected for a few folks. AFAICT, the bug was seemingly not widespread. That bug was fixed in iOS 17.5.1.

Per Apple: This update provides important bug fixes and addresses a rare issue where photos that experienced database corruption could reappear in the Photos library even if they were deleted.

How to recover deleted photos from iCloud and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.