Focus Mode for Phone Calls Not Working

Hi All,

I have been facing this issue since IOS 16.4 to now ios 17.4.1. This issue was not there prior to IOS 16.4.

Requirement in Focus

• I created a Personal Focus Mode with Allowed Contacts List or assume Favorites List.
  • In People - I turned on "Allow repeated calls"
  • In Apps - I added Phone app and other important apps like whatsapp.

From the above setting - It is understood clearly that, I should be getting "Phone Calls Only from the Allowed List" and I should get notified with a Notification icon (count) of other calls missed on Phone App

This is the purpose of settings in People.

The purpose of Apps - I should get notified on Phone App missed calls and Whatsapp messages.

This is the setting of Focus Mode.

However, the PROBLEM is I get each and every call to answer

Customer Support from Apple after multiple calls and Reset actions, Its understood that

• I should not add Phone App in the Apps section.

Result

• If i dont add "Phone App" in the Apps Section, I am not getting notified other than allowed list and its WORKING - However, if any other person call is missed, I am not seeing RED BUBBLE Number (1) of missed calls on Phone APP (1)

Question:-

Why is this Happening

Why is Phone App if added in Apps Notification List ignoring and allowing every call?

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on May 2, 2024 3:34 AM

3 replies

May 6, 2024 6:09 AM in response to chrakesh

chrakesh wrote:

Hi All,

Requirement in Focus
I created a Personal Focus Mode with Allowed Contacts List or assume Favorites List.
• In People - I turned on "Allow repeated calls"
• In Apps - I added Phone app and other important apps like whatsapp.

From the above setting - It is understood clearly that, I should be getting "Phone Calls Only from the Allowed List" and I should get notified with a Notification icon (count) of other calls missed on Phone App

No, Partially true.

Repeated Calls: If someone calls you twice within three minutes, the second call isn't silenced.

Please see the pic below which is self-explanatory

• You have allowed certain notifications to bypass Do Not Disturb. By default, phone calls, text messages, and FaceTime calls will still ring or vibrate when Do Not Disturb is on. However, you can also allow other notifications to bypass Do Not Disturb by going to Settings > Focus> Do Not Disturb > Allow Notifications and selecting the apps and contacts that you want to be able to notify you even when Do Not Disturb is turned on.
  • You have enabled System Haptics. System Haptics provides haptic feedback for certain actions, such as when you touch and hold an app icon or scroll through a list. Even if Do Not Disturb is on, your iPhone will still vibrate for System Haptics if you have enabled it. To disable System Haptics, go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and turn off System Haptics.

May 8, 2024 2:50 AM in response to SravanKrA

Sir,

Thank you for your response.

My requirement is - I want to get notified from a group of people, i created a list or lets say favourites

Everything is working fine.. until I add Phone APP in the application notifications.

I am adding Phone App in list of application notification because i wanted notifications to see on lock screen.

Because I am adding phone app in apps list in Focus, the calls are not surpassing the rule and I get Ring from out of the list people.

Earlier in 16.4 version, I used to get Lock Screen Notification and the Screen used to turn On if its a Call from outside of my favrouties, but phone didng ring.

Now that is not there since 16.4 and above.

Can you please let apple know that - "Adding Phone App in the Apps notification list and People List should not coincide and talk to each other properly and software should work properly.

Focus Mode for Phone Calls Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.