Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How to prevent dock from appearing when using lower hot corners

I'm using an iMac as a second screen for my Macbook Pro through Screen Sharing. In order to prevent the screen saver on the iMac from kicking in, I set the lower Hot Corners to disable the screen saver.

On my old iMac 2009 with High Sierra, I could put screen sharing in full screen, move the mouse pointer to the Hot Corner and it would work as I wanted. Sometimes the dock would appear but with a bit of fiddling with the pointer it would stay down. Now with my newer iMac that's running Catalina, the dock will invariably appear as soon as I move the mouse pointer to the lower corners.

Is there any good way to fix this? I considered it a feature that the dock didn't appear when using the corners in full screen mode.

Obviously I can't use the upper Hot Corners since they result in the toolbar for the Screen Sharing app to appear.

Is it possible to disable the dock completely in full screen mode?

I would like to avoid having to disable the screen saver completely or move the dock to one of the sides.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 2, 2024 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2024 7:28 AM

Could you achieve the same functionality by creating a keyboard shortcut instead?

4 replies

How to prevent dock from appearing when using lower hot corners

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.