I have been recieving spam emails from PayPal to my iCloud email

They are mostly from PayPal which I don't use. In one I scrolled to find it addressed to a Hide My Address email that I have now deleted. Others only show the one address so I can't delete it as it does not exist, see below:

But some are sent to what is very close to my correct address but the correct suffix '@icloud.com' is spelt '@lcioud.com'!

Advice please.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac (M3, 2023)

Posted on May 4, 2024 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2024 11:36 AM

Hello Barneyhairball,

You would want to report this here: https://www.paypal.com/us/security/report-suspicious-messages

If you get any spam that appears as though it's from Apple please report it here:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

7 replies

May 4, 2024 11:52 PM in response to barneyhairball

There isn't a desk at iCloud which receives reports of spam. You need to do this with your own mail client by clicking on a "Spam" button. Apple describes this in the document linked above by Libby101a Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

To report spam that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, mark the spam emails as Junk or move them to your iCloud Junk folder. When you mark an email as junk, you help improve iCloud Mail filtering and reduce future spam.

You can report a suspicious or phishing email pretending to be from Apple by forwarding the entire email to Apple at: reportphishing@apple.com

May 4, 2024 11:41 AM in response to barneyhairball

Report Spam: Most email services, including iCloud, have a ‘Report Spam’ or ‘Junk’ option. Make sure to report these emails as spam so your email provider can learn to better filter these types of emails in the future.

Be Careful with Your Email Address: Try to only give out your email address to trusted sources. Be wary of any website, app, or person who asks for your email address.

May 6, 2024 7:33 AM in response to nowprovided

nowprovided wrote:

Be Careful with Your Email Address: Try to only give out your email address to trusted sources. Be wary of any website, app, or person who asks for your email address.

That will not prevent spam. It will just make your life more difficult. Spammers don't just send spam to specific email addresses. They have programs that autogenerate possibilities and they send them to all of them.

I have been recieving spam emails from PayPal to my iCloud email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.