iMessage not syncing between macbook air & iphone14 pro max

I recently got a Macbook Air running Sonoma 14.4.1

I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max running iOS 17.4.1

On my old Macbook pro my iMessages sometimes had a blip where my laptop would show a few unread messages that were actually read on my iPhone but now it's showing 50+ every single message on my iPhone that I've already read between the last time I was on my laptop and the next time I open it up as unread on my laptop. And more frustratingly is that my laptop isn't updating converstions in iMessage with the texts that have been sent on my iPhone.

I have tried restarting both devices, turning on and off notifications, signing in and out of my appleID, verifying that both are signed into the same appleID .... any other recommendations to get these 2 devices syncing properly?

Thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 6, 2024 8:51 AM

2 replies

May 8, 2024 2:16 PM in response to nmietus1

For better advise follow this link regarding SMS Messages from Non Apple Devices arriving to iPhone but not to Apple Computer

https://eshop.macsales.com/blog/65910-enable-mac-send-receive-sms-mms/

Suggest reading ALL parts of the article

An aside to your real issues

The Apple Support Community Forums have recently been over-run by AI / LMM / ChatBots.

They may  seem well formulated with what appear as possible technical solutions.

Suggest being very careful about this.

Some suggestions can be incorrect, misinformed , incomplete, impossible to do, out right wrong and supply outdated links to similar questions

iMessage not syncing between macbook air & iphone14 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.