Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

What's to come for Final Cut Pro 10.8

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac - Apple

On Mac, editors can take their professional workflow to the next level. Leveraging the Neural Engine in Apple silicon, new AI features and organizational tools come to Final Cut Pro 10.8. Available as a free update to existing users, Final Cut Pro 10.8 introduces Enhance Light and Color, offering the ability to improve color, color balance, contrast, and brightness in one simple step, and is optimized for SDR, HDR, RAW, and Log-encoded media. With Smooth Slo-Mo, frames of video are intelligently generated and blended together, providing the highest-quality movement and more drama to a project.

On Mac, Final Cut Pro 10.8 introduces new AI features like Enhance Light and Color, which allows users to improve color, color balance, contrast, and brightness in one simple step.

For efficiency in post-production workflows, color corrections and video effects can now be given custom names in the inspector to easily identify changes applied to a clip, and effects can be dragged from the inspector to other clips in the timeline or viewer. The timeline index also offers the ability to search for and navigate to clips with missing media or effects. And text-based timeline search now includes important information like reel, scene, camera angle, and more.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 7, 2024 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2024 4:38 PM

No Live Multicam on the Mac from iPhones. Pity. That could have been cool on an MBP.

13 replies

May 12, 2024 10:03 PM in response to terryb

Final Cut Pro 10.8 introduces Enhance Light and Color

I accidentally initialized my MacBook Pro, and now that the recovery is complete, I can resume my activities. Recovery will be completed smoothly if you have regular backups using Time Machine etc. Please make sure to get into the habit of backing up your data.

This is the main topic. I have the impression that FCP's color correction method is closer to Adobe's. This is the exact opposite of the idea of ​​"dividing into nodes and comparing them" like in DaVinci Resolve. Personally, I am concerned that if color correction parameters are combined into one effect, it will be difficult to compare the effects of each parameter.

I appreciate that it calculates the parameters comprehensively, but I think it would be even better if you could compare the effects by turning them on and off.

May 13, 2024 3:18 PM in response to terryb

I'm looking forward to Final Cut Camera. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's as good as being promoted. I've been using Blackmagic Camera and like it except for having to double-save each clip if I want it saved to my Photo Library (In-App + Photo Library is 2 saves taking up 2x the space). Also looking forward to being able to do ProRes.

What's to come for Final Cut Pro 10.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.