Where did my Recently Deleted album go?

I don’t see a Recently Deleted album in Photos on my iPhone. Apple’s support page tells me—

“If you accidentally deleted your photo or video, it goes to the Recently Deleted album. Go to Photos > Albums, and tap Recently Deleted in the Utilities section.”

”Utilities section” … ? What’s that? I don’t see any such section, nor have I ever heard of anything called a section in the iPhone Photos app. Search finds neither “Utilities” nor “Deleted items.” I don’t see anything in Settings >> Photos that mentions any of these words.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 8, 2024 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2024 9:21 AM

On an iPhone, in Photos when you choose Albums (that's "Go to Photos > Albums",) the the Utilities Albums are at the bottom, past the "My Albums," "Shared Albums," People & Places," and "Media Types" sections of the Albums list.

Old Toad has shown the Utilities Albums on Mac Photos located at the top of the sidebar. If you don't see those Utility Albums, you may need to click on the little arrow thing

to the right of "Photos" at the top of the sidebar. This "arrow thing" only shows up when you hover over it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2024 9:21 AM in response to Lucas1948

On an iPhone, in Photos when you choose Albums (that's "Go to Photos > Albums",) the the Utilities Albums are at the bottom, past the "My Albums," "Shared Albums," People & Places," and "Media Types" sections of the Albums list.

Old Toad has shown the Utilities Albums on Mac Photos located at the top of the sidebar. If you don't see those Utility Albums, you may need to click on the little arrow thing

to the right of "Photos" at the top of the sidebar. This "arrow thing" only shows up when you hover over it.

Where did my Recently Deleted album go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.