Hello! Please tell me if I can increase the amount of memory from 8 gigabytes to 16 or 32? I have a 2012 Mac Mini.

Hello! Please tell me if I can increase the amount of memory from 8 gigabytes to 16 or 32? I have a 2012 Mac Mini.

[Edited by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 8, 2024 7:26 PM

4 replies

May 9, 2024 5:20 PM in response to ArtemYtugov

16 GB maximum, in the form of two SO-DIMMs.

Macs can be picky about RAM, so in general, I would suggest getting RAM either from Other World Computing or from Crucial. Crucial "currently does not have any compatible memory updates" for the Late 2012 Mac mini – so that makes the choice of OWC (see link that den.thed posted) an easy one.

You've got one of the Minis where the RAM is really easy to upgrade. There's a large, screw-off access hatch on the bottom of the Mini. Apple provides instructions on how to replace RAM, and OWC has installation videos on their site. (Just take normal anti-static precautions, including not letting feline static generators be with you in a room where you're performing the upgrade.)

Upgrade or install memory in your Mac mini - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.