Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Apple Watch Series 7 not tracking Workouts

I just recently started using my Apple Watch again for tracking my fitness as it is really useful for this. However, when I start the workout, it does the usual countdown and then it starts the stopwatch. Below the stopwatch the numbers usual are all at 0, kilocalories, distance run, heart rate etc. However now when I am starting the activity, there are just underscores where the numbers usually are. I have tried restarting my Watch and nothing has happened. Has this happened to anybody else?

It is as if the watch is not detecting movement, or heart rate or anything.

Please advise on further information

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on May 9, 2024 3:58 AM

1 reply

May 9, 2024 4:17 AM in response to Moodbody

Try and see if it measures without starting a workout.

1. Open the heart rate app
  2. Try and take your heart rate
  3. If this works, it has something to dot with the fitness app
  4. If this is not working, there can be hardware issues going on with the sensor

if the heart rate app is working.please try and force restart your watch to see if the issues persist

Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown until the screen turns black and the Apple logo reappears, then release both buttons. Never force restart your watch when updating watchOS

Apple Watch Series 7 not tracking Workouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.