Apple TV audio language does not change

Dear support team,

the audio language in the apple tv app does not change from german to english on the show Hannibal. I have tried everything, my ipad language is set to english, my preferred audio language for apple tv is set to english, I cleared my watch history, I deleted and re-installed the app, I restarted my ipad, I set my region to united kingdom. Yet the audio remains to be in german, I don’t know what else to do. There is no option to change the language in the playback screen either.

The episodes 11, 12 and 13 of season two have english audio, the rest of them are, for some reason, still in german. Maybe important to add, I am from germany yes, however I don’t have it set as a language anywhere, only place is preferred ipad language, and there I have english on the first spot and german on the second spot)

iPad Pro (3rd generation)

Posted on May 10, 2024 5:54 AM

3 replies

May 10, 2024 6:19 AM in response to kazuq

Region settings are not taken from the TV App but System Settings. It’s not a trivial change and can’t be done without a verifiable credit card, complete with billing address in the new region.

Short summary: your region hasn’t changed and your content is as per languages authorized by the content provider for Germany. I’m sorry but there’s no working around this.

Apple TV audio language does not change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.