You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching remotes between two Apple TVs, one remote has Siri, other is generic.

We have two Apple TVs, one in the living room, one in my bedroom. The bedroom TV has a Siri remote, but I don't really use it... And my mom loves talking instead of browsing, so I need to figure out how to swap remotes. The generic remote can command ether Apple TV, without being paired. It just works. But I can't figure out how to get my bedroom Apple TV to forget the current remote, I was able to have the living room TV forget it's old remote, (which got lost during our recent move so it appeared to be disconnected) but when I got to remotes and devices, that opinion isn't there. I don't want to switch the TVs, they really are mine and family, swapping all the accounts, not to mention some things work better on one better than the other. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 17

Posted on May 14, 2024 3:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2024 6:01 PM

Your solution might be in Apple's user guide Reconnect the Siri Remote to Apple TV - Apple Support

You will see at the top the instruction to Reset the Siri Remote

• Press and hold the TV button  and the Volume Down button  on the Siri Remote for 2 seconds.
  • Resetting the Siri Remote unpairs it with Apple TV. Follow the instructions below to pair it again.

Read the rest of the document regrind pairing the remote to an Apple TV unit.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2024 6:01 PM in response to Mars714

Your solution might be in Apple's user guide Reconnect the Siri Remote to Apple TV - Apple Support

You will see at the top the instruction to Reset the Siri Remote

• Press and hold the TV button  and the Volume Down button  on the Siri Remote for 2 seconds.
  • Resetting the Siri Remote unpairs it with Apple TV. Follow the instructions below to pair it again.

Read the rest of the document regrind pairing the remote to an Apple TV unit.

Switching remotes between two Apple TVs, one remote has Siri, other is generic.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.