How to fix Video Playback issue on iPhone 14 Plus?

PROBLEM ON IPHONE 14 !THE GALLERY APP IS DEFECTIVE SOME VIDEOS WILL NOT PLAY FROM THE BEGINNING !!!!!!!!!And ALSO WILL GET STUCK RENDERING THE APP USELESS UNLESS RESTARTED CAUSING AUDIO OUT FROM VIDEO EVEN WHEN THE PHONE IS ON SLEEP/STANDBY MODE???

This has something to do with the crop button while playing videos zooming in and out with two fingers in and out causing this very annoying issue!!

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on May 15, 2024 8:13 AM

8 replies

May 15, 2024 8:19 AM in response to myst225

Not sure what you mean by the Gallery app. If this is a Gallery app available in the App Store, then you will need to contact the developer. They would be the only ones that could provide support or issue an update to fix the issue. That would not be an Apple issue as each developer is responsible for testing their apps and offering updates.

If you mean when viewing in Apple Photos, then specify.

May 15, 2024 11:49 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

Yes correct official Apple photos. The Native Gallery is Defective and could be the most problematic in apple photo’s history! When attempting to crop a video zooming in and out causes select commands on top of video and if left to play until video ends causing video and entire photos app to freeze with audio playing even when using a different app you can still hear audio from the video I was previously watching when it got frozen! Tapping the power button to put my phone in sleep mode or standby mode I can still hear audio playing out of the phone speakers . I have to constantly restart the app and this started happening after the 17.3 update and still on the 17.5 update so that is facts!

May 17, 2024 4:49 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

It seems to me the only way it starts to glitch up is holding the phone in portrait mode only zooming in and out (zoom out to see other thumbnails not letting go keep of two fingers on screen and it will happen . In landscape mode it doesn’t happen at all. This happens on videos and pictures too. What’s funny is that miraculous freeze! The whole app freezes but can still control camera roll and still choose a different video or pic but the app frozen so it won’t show and if you pick a video it will play the audio but again the app is frozen! Switching to a different app or tapping the power button to put the phone in sleep or standby mode is still playing audio from the video. I can control the volume on the lockscreen…

May 26, 2024 9:51 AM in response to myst225

It’s Sad that nothing at end helped nor fixed the issues I described on this Thread. The 14plus is a Bad IPhone and shouldn’t be recommended to adults. It’s seems to me like this reckless iphone and software is not implemented correctly nor cared for. My younger brother and nephew haves an iPhone 14plus aswell and I see the exact same problems on their 14plus aswell and their all updated to the latest firmware and still….. i bought the yellow i14plus because it looked cool but what a mistake I’ve made and it was expensive now this! I have to go visit the phone store again.. what a Sad Day.

How to fix Video Playback issue on iPhone 14 Plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.