Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I am getting an error when changing my wallpaper in Sonoma 14.5

I changed the wallpaper on my iMac( 27", 2020, Sonoma 14.5) using one of my own images.

This has created a problem. Every time I try to change it, the

wallpaper options window goes blank and a Setting Error pops up "Extension process

Wallpaper(6803) exited"

I have restarted the computer and everything that can be, has been updated. Any suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 21, 2024 8:27 AM

6 replies

May 22, 2024 5:24 PM in response to KookuLu4u

Well, I don't know if this actually resolved the deeper problem but...it solved the immediate issue. I clicked on Wallpaper and immediately began clicking at high speed on another image. Lets call this The Brute Force Technique. To my surprise, haha, it worked. I clicked and some how succeeded in a different selection faster than the iMac could give me the error prompt. It did take several tries to beat the speed of the computer. I must admit this method is not technologically savvy, nor is there any guarantee it will work. But for now, back to business as usual. I appreciate the input that I was given. Thank you!

May 22, 2024 5:40 AM in response to Jack-19

Hello Jack, Thank you for your response. I shut the computer down and went as far as unplugging from the outlet. As suggested, I then pressed and held the power button down. Initially I hear the computer make its gurgling but then, regardless of how long I hold the power button, the screen remains black and wont turn on in this manner. Hence I cannot activate safe mode. However, it will turn on if I simply hold and let go.

Thoughts?

May 22, 2024 8:08 AM in response to KookuLu4u

Start with this if IntelMac...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

I am getting an error when changing my wallpaper in Sonoma 14.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.