New iPad Pro 13” Has Dull/Yellow Tint on Pages/Safari

I bought the new iPad Pro 13” 7th gen, and on Pages and Safari, the white onscreen looks dull and cream/beige tinted, especially in a side by side comparison to my iPad Pro 5th gen. True Tone and Night Shift are 100% OFF, that’s the first thing I checked. Brightness levels are currently the same on both. I tried turning it off and on again as well. The glass is regular, not nano texture.

The new Pro is capable of showing the stark white color — as it shows up in photos onscreen in my gallery, and in the background of my app icons, so I don’t think it’s faulty hardware. But when I go on Safari or — more importantly — on Pages, the background is dulled down to an annoying, cream/dull/yellow tint I’d prefer not to work on. Never had this problem before. Pages on my 5th gen iPad Pro looks like a stark white piece of printer paper, not this, and the difference is very obvious when I have them up side by side. 

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? 

iPad mini 5

Posted on May 21, 2024 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2024 12:24 PM

Presumably you’re referring to an iPad Pro M4 13” machine. If so, you may exchange it to see if that helps.

Otherwise, perhaps you purchased a Nano-texture glass version and that is causing what you’re seeing.

5 replies

New iPad Pro 13” Has Dull/Yellow Tint on Pages/Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.