2023 Macbook Pro Cracked Trackpad

Hello,

I just had this problem happen to me with my Macbook Pro that I have owned for less than one year. I see on Apple and other forums that this is definitely a common problem, especially with the newer Mac's. In my instance - the product was sitting on my dresser overnight and when I opened it the next day, the trackpad had a hairline crack down the center. I was in Florida, but I'd be surprised if the humidity did this, as I'm sure there are plenty of Mac users in Florida, so a product of this caliber should by far hold up in that climate.

Nonetheless, I took my Macbook Pro into Apple here in Los Angeles, they ran a full diagnostic and found no problems with the Macbook's internals or externals. However, they will not cover the repair under the manufacturers one year warranty. I then proceeded to call Apple corporate where my issue was raised to a senior advisor - Beth in Wisconsin. She told me that they would not be allowing a repair because this is a 'Standard' that Apple abides by in these cases (clearly this is a common issue if there is a 'standard' in these cases).

Needless to say, I am a long time AppleCare+ advocate, I carry and use AppleCare+ on all of my products. I have no problem paying for damage I have incurred using AppleCare+, but I standby the fact that this is at the fault of manufacturing - not the consumer.

With that being said:

1. Has anyone else had this issue?
  2. How did you go about getting it resolved?

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on May 23, 2024 12:11 PM

3 replies

2023 Macbook Pro Cracked Trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.