Air Pods Max Connectivity Issue with iOS 17.5.1?

Is anyone else seeing connectivity issues since the recent update? I’ve tried most of the tricks suggested previously except draining the battery.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 23, 2024 8:14 PM

7 replies

May 29, 2024 5:38 AM in response to readyeddy

I‘m also experiencing odd connectivity issues with my AirPods Max as well. Both my iPhone 12 and iPad Pro (4th gen.) are running iOS/iPadOS 17.5.1, and my AirPods Max are on firmware version 6A325. The AirPods are working fine when in use, but I have noticed that the location of them will not update in Find My while they are not in use and sitting idle in the Smart Case. I also experienced an issues with them just this morning where my Apple TV (2022, A15 Bionic chip) would not recognize my AirPods Max and could not discover them. I have tried completing resetting the AirPods numerous times by pressing down the Digital Crown and the ANC button until the LED light flashes white to put them in pairing mode. I have also performed a couple of hard resets on my iPhone as well as a restart of the Apple TV, and these odd issues keep persisting. One other odd thing I have noticed is that when I pull the AirPods Max out of the Smart Case to use them, the LED light does not light up at all any longer whereas it has always lit up green, or red when the battery is low. They do still actually connect to my iPhone or iPad and function, and the LED light will glow green, or red, when I take the AirPods Max off of my head, but it’s almost as if the Smart Case is rendering them 100% inactive to where they don’t update location at all in the Find My network. There are some strange bugs afoot here for sure. I just wanted you to know that you’re not alone.

Air Pods Max Connectivity Issue with iOS 17.5.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.