My iPhone 13 won’t charge after I took it under water

A few weeks ago, I cracked my phone in the corner of the screen and about one week later I took my phone underwater to take pictures, and the next day charging with the cord wouldn’t work so I tried wireless charging and that happened day after day after day and the cord won’t work for my phone charging it has the charging symbol and it says it’s charging, but it loses battery. So for now, I am using wireless charging, but I would like to be able to fix this. Thanks.

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on May 25, 2024 10:29 AM

2 replies

May 25, 2024 10:44 AM in response to LolaKat0

LolaKat0 wrote:

A few weeks ago, I cracked my phone in the corner of the screen and about one week later I took my phone underwater to take pictures, and the next day charging with the cord wouldn’t work so I tried wireless charging and that happened day after day after day and the cord won’t work for my phone charging it has the charging symbol and it says it’s charging, but it loses battery. So for now, I am using wireless charging, but I would like to be able to fix this. Thanks.

I don't know what would make you think an iPhone could be taken underwater, ESPECIALLY one with a cracked screen. Water and electronics are MORTAL enemies. And no iPhone ever made is waterproof. Since you intentionally submerged your iPhone it cannot be fixed. Apple won't even attempt to fix a water damaged phone.

Apple will offer you the option to recycle the phone when you purchase a replacement phone, which is what you should do.

My iPhone 13 won’t charge after I took it under water

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.