After iOS 17.5.1 update Face ID stopped working

Since the update it doesn’t recognize my facial id. When I go to make an alternative facial id says it doesnt match. Requires me to enter my passcode every time I open my phone. Also an issue with Apple Pay and removed all my cards. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix? I’ve restarted my phone, re did my facial id multiple times.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 2, 2024 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2024 6:16 AM

i've had the same issue - i also have tried twice now to reset my face id and when it takes forever to recognize my face is within the frame, and then when it gets to the part where it tells you to turn your head in a circle, it will never complete the circle and keeps saying i'm moving my face out of frame

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2024 6:16 AM in response to smiley9595959

i've had the same issue - i also have tried twice now to reset my face id and when it takes forever to recognize my face is within the frame, and then when it gets to the part where it tells you to turn your head in a circle, it will never complete the circle and keeps saying i'm moving my face out of frame

Jun 2, 2024 9:33 PM in response to smiley9595959

smiley9595959 Said:

"17.5.1 update issue: Since the update it doesn’t recognize my facial id. When I go to make an alternative facial id says it doesnt match. Requires me to enter my passcode every time I open my phone. Also an issue with Apple Pay and removed all my cards. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix? I’ve restarted my phone, re did my facial id multiple times."

-------

Troubleshooting Face ID:

There are know stand alone updates for Face ID that I am aware of.

Overview these two links:

Also, Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

After iOS 17.5.1 update Face ID stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.