The result of sum of numbers is 0, the data I pasted is from google sheet generated from google form.

I gathered responses through Google Forms, the responses are coded in numbers. I replaced the text responses to numbers and when I am pasting the data to numbers in mac. It shows the sum of the numbers as zero. How to solve this problem efficiently? Otherwise, I have to type every single number again and then it shows the results.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jun 6, 2024 6:15 AM

2 replies

Jun 6, 2024 7:41 PM in response to kanupriya128

If you are using SUM, the problem is most likely that the "numbers" from Google are pasting in as text. SUM and the other numeric functions ignore text, even if that text is numeric. One telltale sign is that text in a cell aligns to the left while actual numbers align to the right. Select the column of pasted in "numbers" and format the cells as automatic or as number. They should all move over to the right and become actual numbers and the SUM should give the proper result.

The result of sum of numbers is 0, the data I pasted is from google sheet generated from google form.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.