Iphone trade-in refunded as credit at apple

Hi - I traded in my iphone 11 for an iphone 13 with apple and sent the 11 off to them saying I thought it was worth £35 due to a screen problem. They decided it was worth £150 so credited me with £115 apple voucher. Whilst this is good, why don’t they give me a cash refund? Does anyone know if it’s possible to get this?

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 7, 2024 12:18 AM

2 replies

Jun 7, 2024 12:25 AM in response to Emmmmmma_

Trade-in essentially involves exchanging an old item for a discount on a new one, but with Apple, you also have the option to receive credit for future purchases. It's a common practice with electronics, especially phones and computers. Here's a breakdown of the key points:

• Two Devices: As you mentioned, a trade-in involves two items. You're giving up your old device (phone, laptop, etc.) to the seller.
  • Discount or Credit: In exchange for your old device, you receive either a discount on a new item, typically from Apple, or credit that can be applied towards future Apple product purchases. This discount or credit is usually applied at checkout.
  • No Cash Back: Unlike selling your item for cash, a trade-in doesn't give you immediate money. The value of your old device is either deducted from the new one's price or applied as credit for future purchases.
  • Targeted Purchases (Optional): While trade-in programs often incentivize buying new products from Apple, you might have the flexibility to use the credit towards various Apple products, not just a specific new release.

Here's an example:

Imagine you want to upgrade your iPhone. You can trade in your old iPhone at an Apple store. Apple will assess the condition of your phone and offer you a trade-in value. You can then choose to either:

• Deduct this value from the price of the new iPhone you're purchasing.
  • Receive the value as an Apple Gift Card or store credit that you can use towards future Apple product purchases, like accessories, software, or even a future device upgrade.

In short, trade-ins at Apple are a convenient way to get rid of your old device and save money on a new one or get credit towards future Apple purchases. However, keep in mind you won't receive immediate cash.

Iphone trade-in refunded as credit at apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.