A simple question for Preset color of Preview : Apple why you call orange as yellow ?

Once upon a time, Preview is so handy as one of my favourite tools in MacOS. But later, the story end.

No more allow to customize highlight, okay, but why chaged preset color to a set of strange and non readable color? Why made highlight text become so difficult to read?

I can only use yellow now, but.... how come you call "Orange" as "Yellow"? Is there still any designer working in Apple ?

I think Apple once so pound of their user experience but how come you allow your basic tools come with such terrible user experience ? Why force me to use chunky tools like Adobe Acrobat?

Now that it's 2024, could Apple hire a part time designer or anyone with no cognitive errors about color names to readjust the preview's highlight preset colors? Or is it possible to use the old preset color ?

I just want some usual light color that allow text readable after highlight, what the ****.

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Jun 12, 2024 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2024 6:20 AM

Are you asking rhetorical questions of Apple or the Apple product teams that do not participate in these fellow user-supported public communities? We certainly cannot answer for Apple, nor speculate about their product design decisions.

The free Skim PDF reader has a screaming yellow zonker highlight color that would be more to your chromatic taste and a color picker to customize your highlight color. Like Apple's Preview, it uses the Apple PDFKit framework which is not as PDF robust as Adobe's Acrobat Reader product.

You can edit your post if within circa 10 minutes of your original submission.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2024 6:20 AM in response to fiddlep

Are you asking rhetorical questions of Apple or the Apple product teams that do not participate in these fellow user-supported public communities? We certainly cannot answer for Apple, nor speculate about their product design decisions.

The free Skim PDF reader has a screaming yellow zonker highlight color that would be more to your chromatic taste and a color picker to customize your highlight color. Like Apple's Preview, it uses the Apple PDFKit framework which is not as PDF robust as Adobe's Acrobat Reader product.

You can edit your post if within circa 10 minutes of your original submission.

A simple question for Preset color of Preview : Apple why you call orange as yellow ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.