My PPT slides do not save as PNG/JPEG but EXEC. How to fix?

Hi everyone! I recently switched from Windows to Apple, so I am quite frustrated about this. I saved my PPT slides as images, but when I go to the folder, I see this. The PNG/JPEG images do not show up.

I have two solutions:

1. add .png at the end of the file name
  2. go to Microsoft powerpoint website and download the slides as images

Obviously, these are not very time-efficient, and I want to download the slides as images straight from my PowerPoint. I installed the PPT app through the App Store, uninstalled it, and downloaded the Microsoft Installer, but the same problem existed.

I save my files to OneDrive.

My work relies on Powerpoint, so I hope I find a solution to this problem.

Posted on Jun 13, 2024 3:16 AM

4 replies

Jun 13, 2024 10:39 PM in response to kattie241

The Problem:

The .EXEC extension is typically used for executable programs, not images. This is likely a setting issue with PowerPoint for Mac.

Solutions:

Change Save Format:

• Open your PowerPoint presentation.
    • Go to "File" > "Export" (or "Save As" in older versions).
    • Choose "Images" from the export format options.
    • Select your preferred image format (PNG or JPEG) from the "Format" dropdown menu.
    • Click "Export" and choose a filename and location for your image.

Adjust Default Save Format:

• Open PowerPoint.
    • Go to "PowerPoint" > "Preferences" (or "Tools" > "Options" in older versions).
    • Under "Save" or "General", look for a setting titled "Save As" or "Default file format."
    • Choose "PNG" or "JPEG" as the default format. Now, whenever you use "Save As" or "Export," PowerPoint will use the chosen image format by default.

By trying these solution, you should be able to save your slides as PNG or JPEG images directly from PowerPoint on your Mac.

Thanx! feel free to ask questions regarding this.

My PPT slides do not save as PNG/JPEG but EXEC. How to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.