Cochlear Implant N8 and GN Resound HA Bluetooth Pairing with Macbook

I recently paired my Cochlear Implant Nucleus8 and GN Resound Hearing Aid with my new Iphone.

I previously just used a fm streamer attachment to my Android phone, and this allowed bluetooth streaming, however with the iphone i do not need the extra attachment

I was wondering if my hearing devices can also be directly paired to apple macbook laptops. With out the need for an extra bit of auditory equipment (fm streamer). Just like wireless headphones.

Now i use a Dell laptop, and i require that extra piece of equipment to allow a bluetooth stream. However was wondering if I upgrade my laptop to an Apple Macbook, can i get direct streaming to hearing devices without the need of the FM streamer

Thoughts?

Posted on Jun 14, 2024 7:16 PM

1 reply

Jun 15, 2024 6:20 AM in response to markgoldberg17

Its manufacturer offers no information that would suggest compatibility with Macs.

https://www.cochlear.com/global/en/compatibility/devices

Apple hinted at future compatibility with new M series Macs last year, but I can find no information since then.

"Users will be able to pair Made for iPhone hearing devices with select Mac devices with M1 chip, and all Mac devices with M2 chip."

Apple previews Live Speech, Personal Voice, and more new accessibility features - Apple

Cochlear Implant N8 and GN Resound HA Bluetooth Pairing with Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.