Password change location

Hi guys hope someone can help... I keep getting asked to change my password and when I do my location shows up 3000 miles away. I contacted Apple on 2 separate occasions and told to change my password again WOW on both occasions the agents obviously didn’t listen to me clearly saying My location shows me 3000 miles away !

On every occasion it shows around London (different areas) I’m 3000 miles away. Iv changed my Apple ID 50 plus times and it never changes.

When I changed last year it showed my exact location, I’m obviously missing something ?....

appreciate Ted the help in advance as Apple Agents reading off a script to get you to go away 😩

iPhone XR, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 15, 2024 1:47 PM

1 reply

Jun 15, 2024 2:14 PM in response to 007helpRequired

A possible reason for an incorrect location is explained in the section titled, "The first time that you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device" by clicking on the link for the support article 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' --> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support and in Reject unknown sign-in attempts - Apple Support

"The notification might include a map of the approximate location of the sign-in attempt. This location is based on the new device's IP address and might reflect the network that it's connected to, rather than the exact physical location."

If you're connecting with wifi and not cellular, and the Internet service provider has their headquarters in another location, it may report the service provider's location and not where you are located. If you're using a VPN the location could be the VPN server's location.

Password change location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.