iPhone13 battery has swollen ( Group incidents in China)

Hi Team,

My iPhone13 was found to be battery swollen on June 4. A few days before the swelling, the iphone suddenly shut down when the power was above 60%. On the day of the discovery, I took my phone to the direct store for testing, and the test showed that there was only a battery swelling problem.

Meanwhile, on Chinese social media, I found that a lot of iPhone 13 users had experienced this problem. In the week when I had the battery problem, more than 300 victims of battery problems had joined the group chat. And last month, a consumer in Guangdong Province, China, had his phone explode when it was not charged.

We suspected that there was a quality problem with the batteries in this batch of mobile phones and actively sought to contact Apple. However, except for a few people whose problems were resolved, Apple's after-sales service in China did not demonstrate their social responsibility and corporate ethics, and severely rejected requests for battery replacement from consumers who wanted to report problematic products to the China Market Supervision Administration.

I have been seeking your help for half a month and have suffered all kinds of mental torture, but the problem has not been solved. My phone's screen has been lifted up since I found the battery swollen, from a small line to a big gap. I'm about to get on a plane to EU country and now I'm using someone else's phone. I wouldn't even dare bring a phone with a swollen battery on a plane. This is a long flight of 14h, and I can’t imagine what would happen if the phone exploded in the air.

We hope that Apple will investigate the battery problems of this batch of iPhone 13s and initiate a recall plan. We also found that many consumers' cities did not have direct Apple after-sales service in China, and in the process of seeking help, they encountered deception by "fake Apple" and suffered secondary harm.

Very much appreciated in advance.

Cherri

Comparison of status on June 4 and June 16

iPhone 13

Posted on Jun 17, 2024 12:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2024 2:37 AM

Thank you for your reply. I have always used the original charger and I don't play games or watch long videos on my iPhone. I started using Apple products from the iPhone 4, I also have iPad and iwatch etc, but this is the first time I have had the swollen problem.I used to think that I just encountered a phone that might not be of good quality, but countless new victims join the chat group every day. And more people are willing to pay for battery replacement because they don’t want to bother.Even Apple’s customer service replied that the battery life will end in 2 years.

Apple, are we spending thousands or even tens of thousands just to buy a product that only has a lifespan of more than 2 years?

If not, please conduct an internal investigation as soon as possible. Please!!!Help us!!!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2024 2:37 AM in response to Viona-101

Thank you for your reply. I have always used the original charger and I don't play games or watch long videos on my iPhone. I started using Apple products from the iPhone 4, I also have iPad and iwatch etc, but this is the first time I have had the swollen problem.I used to think that I just encountered a phone that might not be of good quality, but countless new victims join the chat group every day. And more people are willing to pay for battery replacement because they don’t want to bother.Even Apple’s customer service replied that the battery life will end in 2 years.

Apple, are we spending thousands or even tens of thousands just to buy a product that only has a lifespan of more than 2 years?

If not, please conduct an internal investigation as soon as possible. Please!!!Help us!!!

iPhone13 battery has swollen ( Group incidents in China)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.