How to request for refund for accidental subscription?

I accidentally press the subscription button and I did not intended to pay for subscription monthly I need and I want a refund you already took in my gcash account. thank you.

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 23, 2024 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2024 6:54 AM

If you just pressed a subscription button, then it was not done by an in-app purchase that can be refunded by Apple. When using an in-app purchase for a subscription, you have to actually double click the side button with the amount showing on the screen followed by verification using TouchID/FaceID or passcode. This prevents accidental purchases.

If you subscribed on a web page that the app directed you to or provided payment info directly in the app, then you will need to cancel the subscription on that same page and also request a refund through that company. Subscribing on a web page or providing the app with your payment info directly bypasses Apple from being able to manage the subscription. There are many companies that have an app that also choose to manage subscriptions themselves to avoid Apple being able to cancel/refund them. Some examples of these are Netflix, Walmart, YouTube, and many more.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2024 6:54 AM in response to Jasmine_1492

If you just pressed a subscription button, then it was not done by an in-app purchase that can be refunded by Apple. When using an in-app purchase for a subscription, you have to actually double click the side button with the amount showing on the screen followed by verification using TouchID/FaceID or passcode. This prevents accidental purchases.

If you subscribed on a web page that the app directed you to or provided payment info directly in the app, then you will need to cancel the subscription on that same page and also request a refund through that company. Subscribing on a web page or providing the app with your payment info directly bypasses Apple from being able to manage the subscription. There are many companies that have an app that also choose to manage subscriptions themselves to avoid Apple being able to cancel/refund them. Some examples of these are Netflix, Walmart, YouTube, and many more.

Jun 24, 2024 7:11 AM in response to Jasmine_1492

It's very easy to cancel the subscription you accidentally signed up to.

Usually, apps offer a trial period before withdrawing from the subscription. So it is important to unsubscribe before the trial period expires and they charge you.

To cancel subscription:

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Subscriptions.
  4. Tap the subscription you want to cancel.
  5. Tap Cancel Subscription. You might need to scroll down to find the Cancel Subscription button. If there is no Cancel button or you see an expiration message in red text, the subscription is already canceled.

How to request for refund for accidental subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.