How do I permanently delete Notes off my old iphone without deleting them from my new iphone via iCloud?

I am scared to delete any notes off my old iphone 7 (my previous iPhone to the iPhone 15 I got this year) because I cannot find a clear instruction which sets out unambigously how to delete Notes off the iPhone 7 without the iCloud reading that as 'delete off all synced devices'. This is very frustrating because I don't want all my Notes sittng on my old iPhone - I want then to be cleared off that handset permanently.

Has anyone got a step by step process please, which will enable me to do this without losing my Notes from iCloud?

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 24, 2024 4:23 PM

3 replies

Jun 24, 2024 4:39 PM in response to Phil0124

Thnanks Phil024 - can I just check please - when you say sign out of all your email accounts for Notes in Settings ➡️ Notes ➡️ Account - will that just sign email accounts out of that iPhone 7 Notes app, or will it do it for all devices I have under my Apple ID? Obviously I dont want the latter result - I only want then gone from the iPhone 7 but to keep the synced versions on on iPhone 15.

How do I permanently delete Notes off my old iphone without deleting them from my new iphone via iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.