You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

The App Store on my iPhone has disappeared

My App Store is GONE. I’ve tried messing around with parental controls, screen time, and looking in the App Library, but the app simply disappeared. For a separate reason, I have transferred devices and noticed that the App Store is even gone on my new phone. I really need help.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 26, 2024 9:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2024 5:43 AM

I’ve tried all these things and restarted my phone multiple times, but the app is still missing.

41 replies

Jun 26, 2024 9:58 AM in response to audheron

If Installing Apps is set to allow and you still cannot see the App Store, then try turning off the Content & Privacy Restriction at Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content & Privacy Restrictions. In addition, turn the switch off at Settings > Screen Time > Share Across Devices.

Do a restart and enter "App Store" in the App Library search bar if you do not see it on one of your Home Screens.

Aug 28, 2024 12:40 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

Hi! Turning off all content and privacy restrictions did work, making the App Store reappear, but is there no other workaround? I did allow “installing”, but it has always been like this. The issue appeared a few days ago when I started changing some restrictions. What’s the purpose of the restrictions if I can’t keep them on for my child’s account?

Sep 23, 2024 11:30 AM in response to audheron

On your Home Screen > Look down below at the bottom where there is a button with a magnifying glass next to the word Search > Click on Search, and at the top you should see the blue App Store button > Press on the blue AppStore and a list appears (which says: search,redeem,updates,purchases, etc.) Keep pressing the blue App Store button until it starts wobbling/jiggling > while you are still pressing it, slide it to the left, and it will go on your Home Screen wherever you drop it.

Sep 26, 2024 8:44 AM in response to Twinklebeam

Twinklebeam wrote:

THANK YOU. You are a lifesaver I watched every single video and they didn’t work, and this did. So thank you very much.

No problem! If you are looking for support for your Apple devices, this is the place where you will find the answer. I have used YouTube myself for many things, but for Apple Support, this is where you will get a solution. We have no interest in getting clicks or money from advertising dollars, so there is no external influence. It is more important for us to provide a helpful answer than it is to get you to watch a video.

Sep 30, 2024 7:17 AM in response to Scream1773

Scream1773 wrote:

I lost the App Store a month ago but it’s not the only app that’s being deleted off of my phone like games notes fitness, stocks, and much more

Again, the App Store, cannot be deleted off of an iPhone.

If many apps went missing at the same time, sound like you hid a home page with all the apps on it.

click here ➜ Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

Oct 5, 2024 9:15 PM in response to HELPMEPLEASE7393

HELPMEPLEASE7393 wrote:

I have tried everything listed here, I’ve tried messing with security settings(signed in in another device, heard that may of caused it), resetted my phone way to much times, and it’s still GONE.

Not sure what was indicated by messing with security settings, but did you shut off Content & Privacy Restrictions at Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions.

Did you swipe all the way to the left and enter "App Store" in the search field to see if it shows up.

Did you see if you have any hidden apps?

Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support

Aug 4, 2024 9:13 AM in response to TheDetailsMatterCa

TheDetailsMatterCa wrote:

Didn't work but even if it did, it would defeat the purpose of having parental controls if I have to switch them off...This sucks

Changing the Screen Time restrictions was just to test if there was another issue going on. If you found success with either of those, then a follow up would be possible to resolve the issue.

Since it did not work, then the next step is checking the App Library.

If it is not in the App Library, then confirm if you have updated to iOS 17.6, or what your current OS version is.

The App Store on my iPhone has disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.