You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook M2 Logic Board Failure

Hi Everyone!

I have not much experience in the tech realm, but I’m learning. I have an M2 MacBook Air that won’t turn on. I took it to the Apple Store and they told me that the logic board went bad and it will be about $600 to fix. It baffles me because I bought it in 2022 about when the model came out. I used it a few times, then it sat in a shelf for months (almost a year) because I was diagnosed with cancer and no longer was working. The gentleman at the Apple Store said that logic board probably failed because I didn’t plug it in to the charger. I thought I had paid for the warranty, but of course I had cleared my online cart or something when I added more storage, so of course the store associate made a rude comment to me about how “Well, that wasn’t very smart of you.” He also said that about me not plugging my computer in.

I guess my question would be…. Has anyone else heard of a logic board essentially breaking from not being plugged in or used for months? He said this is a “known” issue and it’s on me for not plugging it in and because it’s no longer under warranty (mind you, my computer was inspected and it’s in pristine condition).

*I don’t think the device this tagged to is correct. Oh well.

MacBook Air 11″

Posted on Jul 2, 2024 11:56 AM

2 replies

MacBook M2 Logic Board Failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.