You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to properly forward my text messages to my email?

I have followed all the instructions on forwarding text messages from my iphone to my e-mail address. The messages are only added again in the Messages on my iphone and are not received in my inbox of my email address. How do I fix that?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 3, 2024 1:38 PM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2024 2:06 PM in response to Rocketship1234

Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding does not forward messages to an email address. It forwards them to Messages on a non-cellular device such as an iPad or Mac.

There is no native way to automatically forward messages to an email account. You can forward them individually to an email address but that email address must be different than your Apple ID.

It may be possible to set up a Shortcut to do what you want but I'm not very good with them.

How to properly forward my text messages to my email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.