You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 12 in working, however display has gone blank.

My iPhone 12 is working, however suddenly display has gone blank. I tried to do force restart using volume up/down and power button. It worked for sometime, however it has went blank again and now force restart is also not working. If I do force restart, it is getting restarted, however screen is not getting ON. I updated the software using iTunes on PC, still phone screen is blank. My phone battery health is at 79%. What could be the issue, how I can fix this issue?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 22, 2024 9:29 PM

3 replies

Jul 23, 2024 1:20 AM in response to SachinKesarkar

"My iPhone 12 in working, however display has gone blank.: I tried this. Factory reset has been done from iTunes, however screen is still blank. After multiple tries screen came UP, it was UP for sometime, however it was flickering with blue color and after some time it got very slow and i was unable to operate any applications on it and finally screen went blank again. My phone battery health is at 78%, could it be the issue ?"

------

Thank you for the followup reply.

It's Time for a New Battery --and Maybe a New Screen

Take a Screenshot:

Is Photos enabled in iCloud Settings? See if you can see this black screen, when taking a screenshot. You'd use the photos app on after device synced with with this iPhone, or view it directly at: https://www.icloud.com/photos. If you see it, then it is an issue with the iOS or the App. If not, then it is an issue with your screen, therefore you need to get a new screen.

Getting a New Battery and Screen:

If it came back, then, indeed, it was in a boot loop. Being that flickering is occurring, it appears to be a hardware issue. Apple recommends you get a net Battery, when the Battery Health reaches below 80%. So, get a new battery, and see if that fixes this. If so, then you're all set. If not, then it is time for a new screen.

Where to Get a New iPhone Battery and Screen:

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area. Be wary as to where you get these items, ask you may get an error message of an ungenuine iPhone battery and Ungenuine iPhone screen. So, to avoid this continual message, it is best to have an Apple or an AASP replace the battery and screen. So, where to get a new battery and a new screen:

A. Apple Contact Info:

B. Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the battery and screen

Jul 22, 2024 9:47 PM in response to SachinKesarkar

"My iPhone 12 is working, however suddenly display has gone blank. I tried to do force restart using volume up/down and power button[...]"

-------

Fixing a Boot Loop:

Your iPhone can at times be stuck in a Boot Loop. This typically occurs when you go abuut installing an update, and it stalled while in the process. Go here to fix that: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

Jul 23, 2024 12:26 AM in response to TheLittles

I tried this. Factory reset has been done from iTunes, however screen is still blank. After multiple tries screen came UP, it was UP for sometime, however it was flickering with blue color and after some time it got very slow and i was unable to operate any applications on it and finally screen went blank again. My phone battery health is at 78%, could it be the issue ?

My iPhone 12 in working, however display has gone blank.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.