📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Carplay not working after updating to iOS 17.6

After updating to iOS 17.6 CarPlay is not working.

It tries to connect to the car but fails.

Reboot and hard reboot didn’t help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 30, 2024 1:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2024 12:06 PM

Citylife312 Said:

Why has this issue not been resolved yet? Update 17.6.1 doesn’t solve it either. This is a huge issue for users and can cause driving safety concerns. It is insanely frustrating that it’s been a problem for this long already

———-

Not enough reports?

74 replies

Jul 31, 2024 1:23 AM in response to zappe

zappe Said:

"Carplay not working iOS 17.6: After updating to iOS 17.6 CarPlay is not working. It tries to connect to the car but fails. Reboot and hard reboot didn’t help"

-------

CarPlay Issues After iOS 17.6 Update:

Get Firmware (if need be)

See if you need to install any firmware from the manufacturer onto your audio system.

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of you occurrences, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Jul 31, 2024 6:13 PM in response to zappe

Same issue here. Worked fine yesterday with 17.5, updated last night to 17.6 and my 15 Pro Max doesn’t connect to my 2016 Chevy Cruze anymore. Bluetooth connects, but car doesn’t support wireless Car Play. Phone charges fine but displays “accessory not supported” error notification. Restarted phone several times, shut off car and accessory power several times to restart audio system, re-paired phone via Bluetooth in case that helped but no luck.

Aug 4, 2024 8:03 PM in response to zappe

Add me to the list of victims.

'24 Chevy Silverado with wireless CarPlay. Was working fine before 17.6. Tried rebooting and removing the phone multiple times from the truck's infotainment system without success.

My phone connects to the truck via BT but when I try to connect via CarPlay, the infotainment system says there's no CarPlay devices available.

Hoping I get lucky and have it miraculously fixed tomorrow morning like some have experienced here...

Aug 24, 2024 7:14 AM in response to jigneshpadhiyar9120

I upgraded to iOS 17.6.1 last week and now my Apple CarPlay doesn’t work in my Chevrolet Infotainment System. My iPhone is wireless connected and other features work, but Apple CarPlay app is grayed out on the car Infotainment System. Tapping on the app, I get a message saying there are no CarPlay devices available. I have tried several times going through the setup, but still doesn’t work. Going on a car trip Monday. Apple team…HELP!

Aug 1, 2024 9:52 AM in response to zappe

Similar issue here, everything worked fine yesterday with 17.5.1, updated last night to 17.6 and now this morning it still connects fine to the car, but it now refuses to process/send messages I dictate. After dictation, Siri claims it "cannot show the information" because I am driving and the send button is greyed out.

Aug 4, 2024 7:03 AM in response to zappe

When I first updated it was fine but after that first time it wouldn’t connect to my 2022 Mazda CX5. My wife who was with me in the car at the time is still on 17.5 and that worked so I knew it wasn’t the car. Restarting the phone and the car didn’t work. I wound up having to go into CarPlay settings on the phone and remove the car pairing, and go into the head unit and remove it there as well. Once I reconnected it prompted for access like it was the first time I connected and after allowing everything was working again. Just had to redo my app order and remove the ones I didn’t want again.

Carplay not working after updating to iOS 17.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.