You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Iphone 14 pro max power button not working

My iphone 14 pro max fell into my pool and I got it out after a minute or two. I left it to dry and it was working fine, a day later I realised my power button was not working as when I tried to turn on the phone I could only get it to turn on via the double tap on the screen and after a few minutes using the phone siri randomly turned on and as my device is on the ios18 beta I could see that the power button was being pressed down but I wasnt pressing it and then it randomly stopped and did it again. I powerd off my device as I realised that is the best option but when I tried to turn it on it wouldn turn on it would just show the apple logo and the go black whitout me even doing anythin not even presing the power button. Im guessing that my power button is probably broken and I will get it fixed asap. Could you tell me more about why this could happen?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 4, 2024 12:52 PM

4 replies

Aug 4, 2024 1:37 PM in response to CactusMiha

The phone is water damaged. The fact that it worked initially is not unusual. Water eventually gets into the electronics and things, as you are now learning won't work. There is no warranty against liquid damage. And the IP68 rating is tested under strict lab conditions, which don't exactly mirror real world use. The phone will have to be replaced as water damaged phones cannot be repaired.

Iphone 14 pro max power button not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.