Trying to clear up icloud storage

My icloud storage is full, and the next option for me to update would be 2TB which is a little bit too much of a price jump for what im currently paying for. Besides that, in the backups section, it shows my current phone, my old phone, and my ipad. My question is, my old phone is taking 68GB of storage. If I delete the backup from that phone, will it delete everything I have on my current phone that I had with the old one? For instance, photos I took with my old phone, If that makes sense.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Aug 18, 2024 4:27 PM

2 replies

Aug 18, 2024 4:37 PM in response to gabiwabibabi

gabiwabibabi Said:

"Trying to clear up iCloud storage: [...]My question is, my old phone is taking 68GB of storage. If I delete the backup from that phone, will it delete everything I have on my current phone that I had with the old one? For instance, photos I took with my old phone, If that makes sense.

-------

Safely Clearing iCloud Storage:

If not locally installed on your device, but rather on your iCloud drive, then they would be deleted from iCloud Drive. But, if all is locally stored, then, no, nothing would be lost.

Download All of iCloud:

Save a Few: If you wanted to, rather than upgrading your iCloud plan, you could export all of iCloud onto an external disk, trash iCloud storage, and then start iCloud anew.  Read my User Tip for moreGetting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

Trying to clear up icloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.