You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

When I delete a message from my iWatch it’s also deleting from my iPhone.

This never used to happen. I have always kept 4 strings of messages on my watch and deleted the others but kept the others on my iPhone. I have just deleted some from my iWatch to find they have also been deleted from my iPhone. I have lost important info and photos. Was this because of the latest update.

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 11

Posted on Sep 23, 2024 12:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2024 7:45 AM

Go to your messages. Select EDIT in the top corner. Select the messages your want to recover.

12 replies

Sep 27, 2024 5:44 PM in response to Bethh73

Today I spent 50 minutes with apple support and 60 minutes with Verizon support regarding this issue of when I delete a message or email from my Iwatch ultra, they are deleted on my phone. Both had me running through all kinds of settings only to tell me, they are both synced. Of course I know this and we like this. I explained to both that it never did this before and I am talking about for years I could delete my watch and it didn't effect my phone. Absolutely noting happened since they are saying they are in sync and they don't know that it did not do that before.

Sep 24, 2024 2:00 PM in response to Apollo1949

Apollo1949 wrote:

This is definitely now happening. I also have had my iwatch ultra and iphones for many years and now a delete on the watch of either messages or emails, is deleting on my phone. How can we avoid this?

It doesn't appear that you can. Apple has finally made the Watch behavior consistent with all the other devices in the Apple ecosystem.

You can let Apple know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Oct 8, 2024 7:02 AM in response to Chloe1817

Chloe1817 wrote:

Caryn308: when you do that and you recover your text from your phone, they show back up on your iWatch. You can’t get rid of one without the other disappearing. They need to fix this!

Changed ≠ broken or needs to be fixed. This is a feature that has been much requested since the Watch was released. I'd guess it's unlikely it will be changed again soon. But, you should let Apple know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

When I delete a message from my iWatch it’s also deleting from my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.