Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing Coupon from Coupons.com and Bricks

Ok so all of a sudden this morning printing coupons at both of these websites did not work. Every-time I goto either website it says I have to install the coupon printer. I have downloaded this before because I was able to print coupons before today. I tried using firefox, safari, and google chrome none of them worked. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the coupon printer and no luck. Anyone ever have this problem before when it all of a sudden stopped working? If so any help is much appreciated and Happy Holidays!!!

Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 1:51 PM

155 replies

Dec 19, 2010 2:17 PM in response to ikillu

I just checked their website and the system requirements say "Mac OS 10.4 and higher" - that usually means they have not updated their software since 10.4 and it may or may not work on the latest Snow Leopard.

So, here are two suggestions:

1. Contact their support and ask about their compatibility with 10.6.4, and/or
2. Simply do a screen shot of the coupon and then print it from Preview.

Dec 19, 2010 11:20 PM in response to ikillu

Hi

the message to say you need the printer software is driven simply by recognition of the CouponPrinter-Safari.webplugin placed in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ which should also show as active in Safari-Help-Installed Plug-Ins

it was updated in at least Feb 2010 & contains 10.6-specific code

If you see it in the folder, but not the 'installed plug-ins' list - test in a New User Account

Dec 20, 2010 7:02 AM in response to ikillu

I do not even see the plug in in my computer's library what should I do?

If there's no coupon plugin together with Flash & Quicktime etc in
/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/

and you can paste that into Safari's address bar to be sure... along with
~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/

If it's not in either of those folders - Safari won't know it exists & the site will prompt you, as you've seen.

If you've downloaded the installer & the plugin file wasn't placed correctly - I would firstly check that those folders aren't 'locked' by using Finder-File-Get Info & ensuring that the checkbox is not checked.

Dec 20, 2010 1:48 PM in response to andyBall_uk

If you do see the installer run & complete its work - and yet there's no sign of the plugin, you are using the one downloaded from coupons.com? 'MacCouponPrinter.dmg' ?

No sign of errors in the install.log of Console ?
That's a log-viewing app found in Applications/Utilities/ - open it up, scroll down the left pane until you see '/private/var/log/' then open it & check for obvious error messages in 'install.log' within that section.

and email coupons.com, yes 🙂

Printing Coupon from Coupons.com and Bricks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.