Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store loading VERY slow or not at all

Hello.. I hope someone here can help me. Since i upgraded to ios 4 i have been having problems with the app store. It either takes 5 to 15 mins to load then another 5 to 15 mins to update or download an app or it doesn't load at all and kicks me back out to the main screen. seems to be only happening with app store. I have updated to the newest ios, done the soft reset, restored it in iTunes, changed my dns server and just about everything else i can think of as well as everything i have found on the internet. Any1 else having this problem or heard of it ? Or any1 know how i can fix it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dell Inspiron, Windows Vista

Posted on Feb 11, 2011 1:28 PM

67 replies

Feb 11, 2011 3:14 PM in response to Xx1Dustin1Xx

You misunderstood its not only download time its the app store loading in 5 to 15 mins or not at all and when/if it does load it then takes 5 to 15 mins to download the app if it doesnt hang and kick me out of the app store. thanks for your input though. also i have never had this problem before its always run quick and smooth.

Message was edited by: Texd00d

May 26, 2011 9:51 AM in response to Texd00d

I am experiencing the same slowness. I am in iTunes, the latest version 10.2.2 (12) - although this was happening with the previous version too. I choose the selection to review all my IOS apps that have upgrades available. The "My App Updates" page takes quite a long time to populate. (this used to be very quick). When I mouse-over an icon of an app, my pointer changes from an arrow to a hand/finger as it should, however clicking on any icons results in nothing. No action is taken. I can select the button, "Get Update" and iTunes will download the new version of the chosen app - however without the ability to review the apps' upgrade notes first, I don't know if I want to choose that update for fear that the new version may be "more broken" than the previous.

However, if I search the iTunes website using a browser, I am able to make my way to any app to see the current reviews - although you can't seem to see as much information as you could when viewing through iTunes. This access is running at the normal expected speed - so I really believe that the problem is somewhere in the iTunes application or how it interacts with Apple's app store.

Apple -- please fix this!

Thank you.

Jul 30, 2011 8:41 AM in response to seanfromwellington

I have the same problem. Donwloading some App from any of Apple device we have in house (MacBooks, iPhones or iPad) is very slow. I've also tried to download something at work and it's tha same. The speed is very slow. Actually I've downloaded 700 Mb (about 10min from Rapidshare) video file fastest than GTA Chinatown for iPad 400Mb (about 30 min)...

Aug 21, 2011 12:19 PM in response to Texd00d

I too am finding the itunes store unbearably slow. Its painful. I'm using a laptop with Win 7, am on latest itunes version (10.4.0.80) and most of the time have to close & restart itunes to get the store to change page - otherwise it just hangs when trying to search or return to home page. Its horrendous.

Apple, sort it out - please!!!!

Sep 16, 2011 4:43 PM in response to Texd00d

Me too. When I use the WiFi at work to get App updates, my iPhone4 takes forever. The screen times out several times and the status bar hardly moves, if at all. It took me an hour or 2 to get one little upgrade for a chess app. Last time, when I used 3G, the app updated very quickly. Is there a bug with updates through WiFi? Could it be my workplace? Why would 3G seem to work better?

Sep 20, 2011 12:34 PM in response to Texd00d

I was using iOS 4.1 on my iP4 since last Oct., apart from the sporatic wifi connectivity issue, all was well. The wifi issue kept persisting and nothing I did fixed it (did all the standard troubleshooting...again). Apple Care said I had to update to (at the time) 4.3.3 before they could help me. So I did, didn't help any, but I also noticed how certain things I did was lagging. ie. flipping through the screens, launching and quitting of apps, and yes, accessing the App Store. Everything was taking about 3-4 second longer. . Apple Genius noticed the connection issue as well as the lags, so gave me a new iPhone 4 with 4.3.3. Lags are still there, and App Store is very slow.

As the OP mentioned, it would take forever to just load up pages, when you go to update your apps, you hit Update All, it looks like your phone just froze on you. You can't do anything but hit the home key and go out of the App, and try again, but you still run into the same issue. But if you leave it for about 30-40 sec, it will eventually continue. Or boot you out of the App Store and you have to start all over again. Been like this since June, everytime I go to the App Store. Could be first thing in the morning to 3am, makes no difference what time you go on, it always lags. Does it both on wifi and 3G. Note though, accessing the internet on the iPhone isn't laggy. I would have thought about updating to 4.3.5, but heard that didn't resolve anything. And since iOS 5 is around the corner as with the iPhone 5, I'm just grinning and bearing. As what a lot of iPhone users have been doing as of late. I really do hope that the transition to iOS 5 goes much, much smoother than it did for iOS 4.

App store loading VERY slow or not at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.