Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with the Update bug in AppStore with 10.6.7

Hi everyone,

I have also got the problem with the Update notification in the App Store, and I have tried everything, downloaded the Delta update and the Combo, but still the same problem. I have also tried the advised points in Itunes, payment set to 'none' and reset the warnings for purchases and downloads.

App: Poker HD free

Can someone help me please?

Thank you!

Message was edited by: Cyvilx

27" i5, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Mar 22, 2011 2:34 AM

54 replies

Mar 22, 2011 8:56 AM in response to Cyvilx

Hi,

If you open the App Store and go to the page for this game, on the right side of the page click where you see: Haolan Qin Web Site

All you get is a link to their Twitter account and the Poker HD Support link doesn't work.

Just my 2 cents but if you can't contact a developer of an app, down use the app. I'm glad you didn't pay for it.

BTW, Apple is not responsible for third party developer apps.

Carolyn 🙂

Mar 22, 2011 10:27 AM in response to Cyvilx

Well, always when I open the AppStore an update notification for Poker HD free appears below the updatelist. So, I have tried the update, deleted it for 100 times, updating again etc. etc... But the update still appears. (There are many with this problem, and actually it should be fixed in the 10.6.7, but apparently not.)

So I hope someone could help me.

Mar 23, 2011 11:34 AM in response to sgginc

@sgginc thanks for the suggestion. i have rebuilt the launch services db, restarted and relaunched the MAS. i am still receiving an update notification for twitter. this is a tiny issue, but is driving me nuts!

does anyone else have any more info in re: to where the files related to the MAS are stored? so far, i have trashed the files in the ~/Library/Caches and ~Library/Preferences folders.

Mar 23, 2011 11:54 AM in response to sgginc

i sure have. That is, (1) log out of the MAS, (2) trashed twitter - using appzapper, (3) restart, (4) rebuild launch services db, (5) empty the cache/preferences files for the MAS, (6) restart, (7) relaunch MAS... and still receiving the update notification. Right now the MAS shows the update button when i am logged out... i've uploaded a screenshot here: goo.gl/OlkXQ.

the one thing that did strike me as a bit odd, however, was the fact that when i clicked on the update button, the Apple ID was already pre-filled out (which hasn't happened before during my troubleshooting).

any other suggestions? appreciate the assistance.

Problem with the Update bug in AppStore with 10.6.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.