Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

an app i never purchased or loaded is suddenly appearing in my app update notifications window, its called g toolkit, how do i get this off my phone? I researched the app, from what i can tell its hackers.

g-toolkit app wants to update, trouble is I've never heard of g-toolkit, I've never installed that app.

So i googled around and I find a lot of complaints, people saying these gtoolkits are hackers, and the app

is nothing but a way to get to your phone/information, etc.

luckily I never pushed update, so now there is sits, and i have to be careful not to push update all.

How do I get rid of this without hitting update, The tiny red and white #1 symbol stares at me from the top

corner of the app store icon like an evil Hal 9000.

sooner or later I'm going to hit that button by accident.

Anyone got any ideas?

iPhone 4

Posted on May 24, 2011 12:18 PM

39 replies

May 24, 2011 1:12 PM in response to gracestar

According to the description in the app store G-Toolkit is a tollkit for G services (Gmail, etc). I also did a search and could not find anything about G-Toolkit being associated with hackers. What I did find was that the developers, Evolens Production Ltd. appears to be a legitimate company that has developed many apps for different platforms.

How it got loaded on your iPhone, I don't know. If you can find it on your iPhone, you should be able to delete it. I would also check your iTunes to make sure it isn't loaded there.

May 24, 2011 2:11 PM in response to gracestar

I just search itunes for "g toolkit" and found it immediately. Here's the link to it:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/g-toolkit/id334208513?mt=8

Do you have the Google app or a 3rd party Google app? And is that 3rd party app by Evolens or Zedsoft? If the answer is Yes to a 3rd party Google app that is the one that g toolkit is the update for.

May 24, 2011 4:03 PM in response to gracestar

Ok, I went to app store, then search g-toolkit.

This is what I get.

Zedsoft Hungary Ltd.

http://evolens.com

version 2.0

Rated 17+

graphic content.

frequent intense mature themes...

is that just legal disclaimer?

Stateing the obvious that if your connected to the internet you will experience human nature?

it's just an app right?

Just sounds like bad news and bad marketing, doesn't feel pro.

sounds like something you don't want the kids to see until they moved out.

Anyway, I just don't like uninvited company showing up on my doorstep, if it is just an inapp update for

an an existing legit gmailapp the have a lousy way of showing it. (I do have the gmailapp, jad haddad.)

Why can't apple just have an "allow" button or "Don't allow" instead of "update". I'm scared there won't be a window after "update" I want to know it's legit now, I want update control.

May 24, 2011 4:10 PM in response to gracestar

I agree with you, I would be suspicious also. I've updated other apps that changed names, and in every case the description states that it is a new name for the old app. That disclaimer appears on every app that allows unfiltered internet access, such as the Skyfire and Opera browsers. Apple wants everyone on the latest version of iOS and apps, so they don't have to provide support for older versions of either. You will notice that most apps will not work on older versions of iOS once they have been updated.

May 24, 2011 4:33 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks,

I take it there is no way to decline the false app update?

Or any update, as far as apps are concerned?

If even for an aesthetic reason?(lol)

Such as a little number 1, circled in red and white,

constantly reminding you.

It really doesn't jibe with the brand marketing,

I know apples' a huge animal...

...and there is a lot of apps out there to filter,

I get that Apple wants everyone on the latest ride,

and you gotta clean out the system..

but issues like this make me think they're just not

paying attention...

Just saying, suspicious, unrecognizable app asking me for update?

I never would have gotten it in the first place, I don't even like the

way it looks design wise.

an app i never purchased or loaded is suddenly appearing in my app update notifications window, its called g toolkit, how do i get this off my phone? I researched the app, from what i can tell its hackers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.