Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to 3.1.3, using command-O for the lift/stamp tool does not work. Anyone else with this problem?

After updating to 3.1.3, I can no longer use command-O to use the lift/stamp tool. It will lift adjustments from the selected image, but will not stamp. Anyone else notice this issue?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 15, 2011 9:21 AM

36 replies

Jul 15, 2011 9:52 AM in response to greg from mount airy

"{Shift}+{Command}+c" is the current (3.1.3, don't know about earlier) default for lifting metadata and adjustments.

"o" selects (makes active) the Lift tool.

There is no default keyboard shortcut for the menu command "Metadata→Lift Adjustments".

You can change all keyboard shortcuts. (I have assigned "{Shift}+l" to "Metadata→Lift Adjustments".)

Lifting and Stamping metadata and/or adjustments works as it should on my current installation. Try to use the menu commands, and verify that they work. Then trouble-shoot the keyboard shortcuts.

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

Jul 15, 2011 10:22 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

Thanks. Sorry, I meant to say I select "o" to activate the lift tool as an upward pointing arrow. I then click on the image to lift adjustments. The arrow then points downward for the stamp tool and I click on the image I wish to stamp. This method no longer works. The arrow does not change from up to down after I Lift.

The menu command works.

I use Shift - Command - c to stamp multiple images. This works fine.

Thanks

Jul 15, 2011 10:31 AM in response to greg from mount airy

greg from mount airy wrote:

Thanks. Sorry, I meant to say I select "o" to activate the lift tool as an upward pointing arrow.

Well ... er ... that's a little different. 😉

greg from mount airy wrote:

The arrow then points downward for the stamp tool and I click on the image I wish to stamp. This method no longer works. The arrow does not change from up to down after I Lift.

Works here. Give it a moment, and move the cursor to hover over another image. You might close Aperture, reboot, and see if it works then.

Jul 15, 2011 2:25 PM in response to Kirby Krieger

Thank you for your help. I did reboot and the command editor does show "Select Lift Tool" when I select "O".

It's interesting because when I press "O" I do get the Lift Tool. I click on the image I wish to lift adjustments from and it does the lift and then makes that bloop sound like when you try to do something the program will not let you do. The arrow (for lift) stays in the up position (instead of changing to the down position for the stamp tool) and will not let me stamp the adjustments.

I have used Aperture for almost 3 years. I'm a one man shop and shoot about 50 events (weddings, mitzvahs, etc) along with portrait work a year and use Lift/Stamp quite a bit when editing. Very strange behaviour!

Everything else works great!

Jul 15, 2011 8:12 PM in response to Kirby Krieger

Kirby, thanks for your help. I seem to be the only one experiencing this issue.

Yes, I am talking about the "O" key. It does work in Photoshop accessing the burn tool. I did assign a different key to "Select Lift Tool". It gave me the same strange behaviour as the "O" key. I re-assigned back to "O". Still not working right.

What seems to work is to use the "O" key, click on an image to lift adjustments, adjustments are lifted followed by the bloop sound, then use Shift + O (Select Stamp Tool) and stamp the image(s) that I want to receive the lifted adjustments. This works. It's just not nearly as convenient as selecting "O", lifting, and then stamping.

This problem started right after the 3.1.3 update.

Jul 15, 2011 8:32 PM in response to greg from mount airy

At this point, I think you should re-install 3.1.3. The key (the physical key on the keyboard) works. The app is not working. It should. It works for others.

I recommend running Disk Utility on the drive after deleting the Aperture app. Verify the disk (and if you have the time, erase the free space (this is on the "Erase" pane)).

Of course it's minor and there are work-arounds, but I'd find it worrisome.

You might check the other shortcuts which use the "o" key.

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

Jul 16, 2011 2:05 AM in response to greg from mount airy

I'm having the same problem. It accured after the 3.1.3. update. The lift and Stamp tool are busted.

I click on a image to Lift and I hear "warning tone", and it WILL lift but the ARROW STAYS pinting up. Then after I CANT automaticaly stamp on anything.

Before the Udate there was no "warning or error tone" during Lifting.

Before the update, the ARROW would aoutomaticaly point Down after lifting and was ready for stamping.

I already uninstalled and re instaled Aperture.

Im running Snow Leopard

I already changed my Keyboard commands around.

I already unplugged my computer and monitor.

I already moved my mouse and all of my connections to different usb ports.

Something is wrong here. Something has changed and now Aperture is broken.

Apple please fix this. It is slowing down my workflow a lot. This is my work program.

Frank T

Aperture_3.1.3_update_lift_stamp_tool_problem_wont_stamp_apple_help_lifting_tone

Jul 16, 2011 7:23 PM in response to greg from mount airy

I'm having the same issue with my Aperture on my upgrade to Aperture 3.1.3.

I try to lift with "O' (as before), and is give me the same bloop (like the program is not letting me do something). It doesn't let me go any further with the stamp tool. No short cut as before. I have been using Aperture for many years and this is slowing my workflow today as well. I used it fine over the weekend before the update and when I went to try my other computer with Aperture I found it had the same problem and I realized I had already upgraded it too. Nothing else has changed, same issue on two computers. Help . . . . . .

: (

Jul 16, 2011 8:18 PM in response to monicoc

Monicoc

I just found out that this was done purposely with theupdate. It only works like before in Browser mode and different in the other modes. I don’t like this update and there is hope in changing it back.

Call this number 1-800-676-2775 and let them know that you don’tlike the update and that is slowing you down.

They told me that if enough people call and complain they will change it back.

I suggest you call, please, and send a detailed report to Applevia "Aperture Provide Aperture Feedback"

When I called in they said that others had called in asking to change it back.

I want my Aperture back.

After updating to 3.1.3, using command-O for the lift/stamp tool does not work. Anyone else with this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.