Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Samsung Printer Drivers work with Lion?

Upgraded to Lion and my Samsung ML-1740 printer no longer prints. Printer worked on Leopard and Snow Leopard with gutenprint drivers but no more with Lion OS. Samsung says so sorry and Apple support sent me here. Has any Samsung 1740 owner found a printer driver that will work with Lion OS? Thanks...JS

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), Printer worked with 10.6, not 10.7

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 5:13 PM

37 replies

Jul 25, 2011 4:31 AM in response to jfscotaz

Same problem! In fact, an ML-1740 driver exists in Lion (can be chosen) but does not work.

Moreover, the Generic PostScript Printer driver disappeared. I was, as a work arround, willing to use this driver through my linux box. I had this printer configured for another machine (at work) with this driver and works fine. I chose the driver on Leopard when I configured the printer then. Now, I cannot find it. In fact, CUPS (on my MacBook w/Lion) still reports that that printer uses the Generic PostScript Printer driver.

As a result, I cannot print!

Regards and thanks for any help on this.

CH!

Jul 25, 2011 8:45 AM in response to SansPoint

Dear SansPoint from Philly,

"You da Man." as this idiot says! Thanks for doing the pain-in-the-neck research. I can verify that the link you provided for Snow Leopard definitely works with the Lion OSX (10.7). I did not attempt your other link option. My Samsung ML-1740 works, again. You hit the bullseye here. For all you others affected by this minor setback of printer incompatibility, make sure you remember this driver in case you have to go through this process, again. Thanks loads, SansPoint!!

JS

Jul 26, 2011 6:20 PM in response to SansPoint

Thanks so much for your post on Splix 2.00 with the Samsung ML-1740 printer. I had just installed Lion and my Samsung printer had stopped working. Was about to give up and I found your post. This is a great little printer that fits perfectly beside my iMac and now I can keep it....

Installed in less than two minutes and works great.

grushton

Jul 29, 2011 6:59 AM in response to Felix BXL

Dear Felix BXL,

When my Samsung printer needed a driver other than that offered by Apple (pre-Lion), I ended up getting the solution from Apple Support--try a different driver like the Gutenprint, which worked with Leopard and SL. Mr. Sanspoint scored with his Splix solution for Lion but only after going through the tedious task of going down the long list of printer drivers, going to websites, and finally scoring. I didn't have his patience and lucked out that he took the time and shared his finding. So, my suggestion to you is to "go down the long list", hit other driver websites, and keep eyeing these discussion forums for that lucky score. Good luck...JS.

Aug 8, 2011 11:59 AM in response to jfscotaz

Hello,

Here is some news from Apple :

Samsung Printer Drivers v2.2

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl905

Apple says : "This download includes the latest Samsung printing and scanning software for OS X Lion and Mac OS vX 10.6."

I've downloaded it and installed, but nothing seems to work anyway...

Alos, ther's no news about this on Samsung website.

anyone figured out how to get it working ?

Regards

Felix

What Samsung Printer Drivers work with Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.