Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store not loading on iTunes.

Hey Guys. I've been using iTunes for a very long time and for some reason out of the blue the iTunes store won't load. it gets halfway on the loading bar and stops and does NOTHING. No error messages, no warnings it just won't load. I tried uninstalling everything, deleting all the files, I even just upgraded to windows 7 ultimate from Vista and it STILL will not work. It works fine on my Dad's and sisters Computers. Any help would be great!

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 4:08 PM

Try resetting Winsock, it looks like it worked for quite a few people in this thread -> With iTunes 10.4 I can access iTunes store.

MTG68 wrote - In windows 7, click on your start menu, go to accessories, right click on the command prompt icon and choose "run as administrator". Once it opens, type in the following command...

netsh winsock reset

hit enter and it should say something like winsock reset successful now reboot your computer.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling Safari, QuickTime, and iTunes (along with related components). Then just reinstall the latest version of iTunes, without installing downloading and installing Safari or QuickTime seperately.

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

37 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2011 4:08 PM in response to Blackler

Try resetting Winsock, it looks like it worked for quite a few people in this thread -> With iTunes 10.4 I can access iTunes store.

MTG68 wrote - In windows 7, click on your start menu, go to accessories, right click on the command prompt icon and choose "run as administrator". Once it opens, type in the following command...

netsh winsock reset

hit enter and it should say something like winsock reset successful now reboot your computer.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling Safari, QuickTime, and iTunes (along with related components). Then just reinstall the latest version of iTunes, without installing downloading and installing Safari or QuickTime seperately.

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

Oct 20, 2011 11:57 AM in response to Blackler

I was having the same issue on a client's computer and went through all of the steps and suggestions listed here to no avail. After running numerous virus scans and cleanup utilities, I finally tried running winsockfix (version 1.2) which can be downloaded from Majorgeeks and was able to access the iTunes store without issue. The program fixes any network stack issues that might be interfering with connectivity.

Hope this helps.

Oct 20, 2011 12:44 PM in response to Blackler

Does anyone else have some ideas. I have tried everything on these posts, but to no avail. I am running windows 7 from outside of the US (not sure if this matters). Any suggestions would be helpful. I have itunes 10.5.0.142. When I start Itunes my cpu usage goes way up. The Itune store atempts to load, with the status bar going halfway across and then it just stops. I have to go into the task manager to shut off the process so my cpu usage drops back down. I was using itunes from this computer, in this same country with no problem before the upgrade to version 10.5

Nov 8, 2011 7:22 PM in response to Blackler

Tryed this and it work till I reload ituens and then it takes forever or never loads. then I have reloaded all my apple programs 50 or time now. As I called support they guy said to unload everything and reinstall that work only if I load 10.4 not 10.5 then if I use this winsock rest it works for a little while on 10.5 then windows locks up when i load itunes and some time need to reset winsock again!!!! So now im using 10.4 everthings running great now but iphone ******* that I need 10.5!!!! WHY IS ITUNES TRASHING WINDOWS FILES AND LOCKING UP??? TWO OUT OF THREE COMPUTER HAVING SAME THING HAPPEN!!!

netsh winsock reset

Nov 8, 2011 7:39 PM in response to Blackler

About had with this new 10.5 itunes, I am sick to death of never being able to view the store, and not be able to sync IPhone. Apple needs to pull their heads out and fix this problem. I am about to say the **** with the troulble and just upgrade to another phone and be done with this headache. Need to fix ASAP or Apple will be lossing another customer

Nov 10, 2011 1:50 AM in response to whatheck

errors such as

itunes wont backup ipad or iphone and wont load help and cant access store

itunes help is unavailable because your computer isn’t connected to the internet. to view itunes help, make sure you’re connected to the internet, then choose itunes help from the help menu.

itunes wont connect to store

itunes help wont connect

all fixed by this tip............... thank you

ps computer tech 4 hours did not solve this one

Nov 10, 2011 8:31 AM in response to Blackler

There have been numerous fixes proposed in the last three weeks. I tried them all. Although I uninstalled apple software several times and went through reinstalls etc, nothing worked. Got tired of whole process in searching for a solution. Two days ago I uninstalled all apple software on office laptop(XP Pro), placed installation pavkage in a folder, and shutdown for weekend. Came back to work and opened folder to do the installation-----It worked and store loaded without a problem. I personally believe the support community(knowledge base) finally offered enough information for apple to tweak the 10.5 software. I must say that I had two pretty sharp IT people working with me and they were befuddled. As stated, something got figured out.

iTunes Store not loading on iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.