Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone experiencing ear / head pain using iphone?

I am increasingly experiencing ear / head pain which is unmistakably linked to using the iphone. It is reduced using a bluetooth device but I even think that I am becoming more sensitive to being in the close vicinity of the iphone.

Have not yet been to the doctor but am about to kick this process off.

Am concerned about:

• any damage done so far to ear / head / brain
  • how to get this checked out properly
  • what the future prospects are - if I were to continue to use iphone / or if stopping using iphone
  • what is the situation for everyone else - mobiles and iphones are becoming ubiquitous - but at what cost to our health?

Have any of you experienced the same / similar?

What have the responses been from the medical profession?

Have Apple done any research / reports on this? Is there a summary of cases?

Any experiences / data / advice welcome. Thank you.

Posted on Sep 25, 2011 2:34 PM

33 replies

Jul 2, 2017 5:09 AM in response to claire175

Yes have same problem got new 6s n it shows only sometime that even u cant use phone more than 5 min else u get blackout, I discussed with my frnd he is facing same problem so disappointing this apple you should take action angainst it or u r plaing with life of pepole s why we pay such a huge money for this waste n toxic phone ,mi is much better coz not making me harm

Aug 27, 2017 4:22 PM in response to claire175

I Just bought new iPhone 6s. During call I can feel heavy air pressure on both ear. This really hurt my ear and i feel like getting deaf.I tend to listen nothing and eventually i have to put the call on speaker to being normal or use earphones. this really scared me and my health problem. If this goes like this, I tend to take legal action on iphone or get my replaced by iphone. I think it's iPhone radiation. its really scary experience. I complain about it to iPhone and waiting for their reply. Same time if I use my other mobile it's seems to be fine.

Aug 27, 2017 4:29 PM in response to vjk001

vjk001 wrote:

I Just bought new iPhone 6s. During call I can feel heavy air pressure on both ear. This really hurt my ear and i feel like getting deaf.I tend to listen nothing and eventually i have to put the call on speaker to being normal or use earphones. this really scared me and my health problem. If this goes like this, I tend to take legal action on iphone or get my replaced by iphone. I think it's iPhone radiation. its really scary experience. I complain about it to iPhone and waiting for their reply. Same time if I use my other mobile it's seems to be fine.

If you're in pain, the first professional you should see is a doctor, not a lawyer.

The iPhone releases no ionizing radiation. Follow the suggestions give earlier in the thread for turning off noice cancellation.

Sep 25, 2011 3:07 PM in response to claire175

If you fear the iPhone do not use it. Hopefully your ear and headpain will resolve and go away.

In my experience, Family, Friends, co-Workers the vast majority now use iPhones as their only form of Telephone, most have even removed Home Phones. Everyones health is good, thankfully.

The problem I have and fellow users is that the iPhone earspeakers are too soft (not loud enough)(iPhone problem) and that call reception can be poor (carrier problem).

Feb 19, 2012 4:14 PM in response to claire175

You are not crazy. I have the same pain in my ears (and now even more scary, my throat) ONLY when using my iPhone. There is definitely a problem with this device. I also only have this problem while using the 4S. I never had this problem while using the 3GS. I just bought a blue tooth headset so I can try to continue using my phone, but if the pain persists, I will have to get rid of the 4S for good.

Oct 6, 2012 10:52 AM in response to CalMom

Like you, CalMom, I've experienced the pain (like a different air pressure) when using the earpiece in the iPhone itself, though I've had every iPhone since 2007 and had no issues until now (with the iPhone 5).
There seems to be little comment about this online. A fault with some devices? A sensitivity among some ears?

Apr 7, 2014 9:29 PM in response to claire175

To All,

I am also experiencing the same head pain, it is more like a discomfort that is undoubtably associated with using my iPhone 5. Once I am on a call within 30-60sec I feel the pain all of you are feeling. It is so noticeable I have to promptly move the phone away from my ear. This pain goes away within a few sec but I am becoming more and more worried about my health.

I been using headphones since I have associated this pain/discomfort with my iPhone and do not notice while using the headphones.

Has anyone found any real facts about the obvious problem that we are all having. Or a fix, or if we should stop using the phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.