Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Undo iCloud and restore Outlook 2007 on my PC? How?

I enabled iCloud to sync my Outlook 2007 calendar and contacts. My contacts on my PC have now totally disappeared! This is horrible! I need to have them on my PC for the times that my WIFI is down. I also need to have my calendar back on my PC .

I don't want to use iCloud anymore.

How can I stop using iCloud and get Outlook on my PC to have my calender and contacts back?

My operating system on my iPhone is IOS 5 and ma using an iPhopne. The iPhone is my only Apple product.

iPhone 4, IOS 5

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 10:28 PM

60 replies

Oct 12, 2011 11:46 PM in response to dsnFL

I need an answer to this too, as my diary has gone as well as my contacts. Yes I am aware that I have to check the icloud box to view them, but it has removed all the information from within outlook 2007. I am a small business and cannot afford to lose this information.

Plus the information in my iPhone from iCloud is all over the place, most appointments are doubled up, sometime triple, and others are correct

Basically i just want out of icloud and my data back.

Help

Windows 7 home edition.

iPad 2 running iOS 5

iPhone 4 running iOS 5

Oct 13, 2011 4:26 AM in response to dsnFL

If you want to restore your previous outlook data file typically called outlook.pst, close outlook > find outlook.pst > right click on file > properties > previous versions tab > then restore previous outlook.pst file previous to when you tried to use iCloud.

make a copy of the outlook.pst file just in case before you do above.

I have reverted back as well, worked great with mobileme but iCloud is terrible for contacts and calendar. I use google Calendar Sync for Calendars between Outlook, iPhone, iPad. Works great. Not sure how I'm going to tackle iCloud yet? I'm just using iTunes to sync outlook to my iPhone and iPad.

Nick

Oct 13, 2011 8:50 AM in response to cecca01

Ok, I did that and you are right - as long as you select the option in icloud when you sign out to save all contacts to your PC. The only problem was I lost my iphone contacts group - my contacts were all lumped together in one place. However, I was able to run a sync from itunes to sync just that group which was on my phone and it reccreates the group in outlook. So now I am back where I was but I have some duplicate contacts I need to clean up but at least I didnt lose any!

Now I think before using icloud again, I need to create two (or more) contact groups in outlook first. I want an iphone contacts group and an "other contacts that I dont want cluttering up my phone" group ! Then I can tell icloud to only upload the iphone group

Thank you Cecca

Oct 14, 2011 3:32 AM in response to cecca01

Hi,

How did you uninstall iCloud Control Panel? From the Control Panel> Uninstall Program?

I want a clean uninstallation of iCloud Control Panel.Do I need to remove both iCloud Control Panel & MobileMe? And, do they have folders residing in the C drive? Would uninstallation pose any security problem? e.g.: open to hackers due to open port or something

Thank you.

Oct 14, 2011 8:25 AM in response to innovativeideas

with Windows 7, open Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a Program and choose iCloud. Double-click on the icon and select Uninstall. But before doing that, simply sign out of it, and iCloud offers the choice to keep your information on your computer. Be sure to select that choice, which then returns all of your contact and calendar information to Outlook. I have no info on how uninstalling could open a port for hackers. My concern with using iCloud at all is that the information is out there in the "cloud" and, thus, perhaps susceptible to hacking. I'd worry less about hacking my home-based computer than something in the iCloud.

Oct 14, 2011 9:01 AM in response to cecca01

Same here - I just uninstalled icloud from the control panel. I never had mobileme installed prior.

I dont think you actually need to uninstall it either. If you open the icloud control panel and sign out, it will ask if you want your contacts saved back to outlook and it does that. However, if you have contact groups, like I did - they get lost! All the contavst end up in one group.

Keith

Oct 17, 2011 3:34 PM in response to NickRno77

NickRno77, are you saying you can sync Outlook Contacts & Calendars from your home PC (non-Exchange) with/thru Google Sync to your iPhone? That's all I want to do (since I couldn't get iCloud to work) but in reading thru the Google Sync info, nothing is mentioned about connecting with Outlook. I'd like to know the answer before installing yet another "fix" to get my devices to all communicate after iOS5! And the Google Sync set-up steps are confusing, referencing Exchange but I guess somehow Exchange gets it to all work, even if I'm on a home PC?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance!

Oct 17, 2011 4:04 PM in response to Sharon in TX

Hi, What I am doing now is:-

1. I setup an exchange account for gmail in outlook 2007(can't remember if this is a must?)
  2. installed google calendar sync for windows/outlook:- http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?answer=98563
  3. setup google exchange account on iPhone etc http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77702
  4. for contacts I sync my outlook contacts via iTunes.
  5. I have an iPad as well so I use icloud to sync my contacts between iPhone, iPad, MBP and iCloud, jus remeber not to enable calendar option in iCloud setup.

Its a shame because contacts synced ok with mobileme, calendars didn't sync properly in mobileme as well.

Nick

Oct 17, 2011 9:11 PM in response to dsnFL

Ok, so i have turned off iCloud, after a lot of work I got back my diary and contacts into all the devices (iPad, iPhone,Outlook) so they are all working ok. Except now Outlook 2007 is slower than downloading **** on a 9.6kbs modem. Can I reinstall over the top of outlook or do I have to find another way of fixing this ?

Undo iCloud and restore Outlook 2007 on my PC? How?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.