I have got an iPhone 4S on the 14th and just transferred my number from my old network with my PAC code. Problem is, in settings>phone>my number: the number listed is the temp one that was used whilst waiting on my PAC code transferring! On the old iOS versions all you had to do was tap on "My Number" and it would allow it to be changed. This does not seem to work on the iPhone 4S with iOS 5.
I just had the same issue with my new iPhone 4S purchased fromApple in the UK. Ported my old number from02 to Three Mobile, but iTunes and settings -> phone -> My Number stillshow the temp number supplied by 3 Mobile prior to the transfer. Power cycling and re-syncing with iTunes madeno difference.
My old iPhone 3GS (IOS 4.3) and a friends iPhone 4 (IOS 5)still appear to allow this field to be edited, but not on the 4S.
Fixed the issue by doing:
- Switched off Face Time (Setting -> FaceTime-> FaceTime OFF)
- Switched off iMessage(Setting -> Messages->iMessage OFF)
- Switched on iMessage (The phone started “Verifying”the incorrect phone number, failed and set it to the correct ported number (seeSettings -> Messages -> Receive At -> Phone).
- At this point the “My Number” (Settings ->Phone -> My Number) had also updated.
- Switched on Face(Same “Verifying” as with iMessage, but tooktwo attempts).
- Power Cycled the ‘phone and re-synced to updateiTunes (Summary “Phone Number” field).
Hope this helps!